Holy Smokes

Talking gorillas and missing coffee cups and shit . . .

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

What’s up with the picture? Well, I dreamt of My Little Ponies last night – and also various characters from The Sopranos (can’t. stop. watching.)

I am now fully employed. Two faculty positions, two different institutions of higher learning. Thus proving my theory that if I interview for a position, I get the position. I think I hear a dissertation . . .

I’ll be teaching four days a week – two days at one college, two days at the next. One day a week I will travel from Wisconsin to the South Side of Chicago . . . but that’s okay. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. The upside of all of this: 1. I will be teaching (which I love). 2. I will never have to get up earlier than 8:30 a.m. (as classes at both institutions are evening and afternoon classes). 3. I will work three days a week. Not too shabby.

Finally renewed my driver’s license yesterday. They made me take the “Rules of the Road Test” – which was easier than I remember it being. Then again, I was sixteen last time I took that test – a sixteen year old girl who thrice failed the road test. Once, for turning the wrong way down a one-way street; once, for failing to yield a Yield sign; and once for a series of errors . . . I wasn’t so strong a’ driver. The guy who administered my field vision test (which I almost did fail this time – my eyes ain’t so good) and graded my Rules of the Road test was, true to DMV form, a total douchebag -- god, I’ve been watching too much Sopranos – and my license picture is, as always, impossibly sexy.

While updating/verifying the info on my old Driver’s License, I had the woman at the counter change what was listed as my “weight” (it still said what I weighed in 1993). As much as I’d like to believe I still weigh that little – we all know it’s not true. And I felt having my teenaged weight on my thirty-year old driver’s license was laughable. The woman was stunned that I would want to change it. Um, it’s my driver’s license, not my modeling portfolio . . .

Busy day today. Must go fill out paper work in Wisco and then prepare for dv’s bye-bye party. So, I’ll leave you now with Link of the Day: THIS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home