Holy Smokes

Talking gorillas and missing coffee cups and shit . . .

Wednesday, July 26, 2006



It’s warm in here . . . because I’ve neglected to open the storm windows. (Note to self: merely seeing the screen doesn’t make the window “open.”)

It’s quite comfortable in here now that I’ve opened the storm windows. I’ve been sweating my face off all day – sitting on the computer, laboriously, tediously preparing for my interview on Friday. Thorough. Must be thorough. And there is but a fine, fine line between thorough and insane . . .

I’m currently apartment/cat sitting for ef. As I told ef in an email, I’m trying to learn her cats’ names,so that I no longer call them (respectively) “kitty” and “other kitty.”

ef not only left me her apartment and her cats, but her Netflix queue. I had a good old time last night rearranging that for her. I’m going to endeavor to watch the first season of The Sopranos (to see what the big deal is about) and also catch up on some indie flicks I’ve had a hard time tracking down.

Most significantly, I learned this morning that I’m going to be an aunt. Normally, I wouldn’t blog about something so immensely important/private – but I’m excited. Some girls dream of being mothers, some dream of being aunts. I am part of the latter category.

(Highly appropriate) Link of the day : THIS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home