Holy Smokes

Talking gorillas and missing coffee cups and shit . . .

Monday, July 31, 2006


Not that any other Chicago/Chicago metro dwellers are unaware of this, but it bears repeating: IT'S FUCKING HOT!!!!

Okay, that said, dv and I watched Fat Girl on Saturday night and it really disturbed me. I'm still busily deconstructing the film in order to decide if it was some sort of feminist critique or purely reprehensible. It didn't make me curl fetally (like Requiem For a Dream, but close.

As I was walking back from dv's on Saturday night with the Netflixed movie and half a vegetarian burrito in a sandwich bag, I stopped at the mailbox to return the movie and along with it, mailed the burrito. It was one of those absentminded things -- something that, by the time you become concious of what you're doing, it's too late to stop it. So, I am so sorry to the postal worker who came to collect mail in Andersonville, to find a burrito, ghastly in form and smell after spending a day (for there is no mail pick up on Sunday) in the mailbox. It was not a prank. It was an honest mistake. Furthermore, I am also sorry to little Billy whose birthday card to grandma probably arrived smelling like rotten cheese and avacados. Sorry . . .


Link of the day is not terribly exciting, but I'm posting it because I'm impressed that the driver "came to rest on top of another car." How fast was that old man going? Was this a Starbucks on top of a very steep hill? Do you understand how much momentum and speed it would take to drive a car on top of another car (monster truck notwithstanding). My questions will all make sense after you read THIS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home