Holy Smokes

Talking gorillas and missing coffee cups and shit . . .

Friday, July 28, 2006


Employed. Tired.

I slept all of four hours last night. My anxieties were really running high. Then, this morning, as I went to start up my car and book it for Wisco, the bastard went and died on me. Nervous breakdown ensued . . . but lh came to the rescue with his Camry that is in far better shape than my car and has a stereo that sounds really, really good. So, I got to drive to my interview in good comfort and good sound. I heart my friends.

As interviews go, this one was fun. I also heart the man who interviewed me and have always hearted him. Before the interview he gave me a copy of a chapbook I wrote when I was but a little senior in college. I used to have a copy of the chapbook but have since lost it. While browsing through the chapbook in his office all I could say was "I sure was wordy." What I really meant was "oh my god this is EMBARASSING."

Anyway, I got the job. He told me it took him and the other person who interviewed me "thirty seconds" to make their decision. Goode. The much needed foot-in-the-door. Broken toes and all.

ef told me I have to get a cordoroy blazer with leather elbow patches. Indeed.

Link of the day is also, verbatim, the first lesson I'll be teaching my students: THIS.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

and accept all the apples offered...oh! and smiley faces on the papers is a must!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home