Holy Smokes

Talking gorillas and missing coffee cups and shit . . .

Monday, August 07, 2006

Last night I watched Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? If ever a movie was suited to my tastes, it was that. I laughed, I shouted, it was better than Mildred Pierce . . . but not – I think – more quotable than Mommie Dearest. There were a few great quotes in Whatever Happened? that I’ll have to jot down upon next viewing (oh, yes, there will be a next viewing). Based on memory, one of my favorites was Bette Davis saying to the wheelchair bound Crawford, “But ‘cha ARE! Ya are in that chair!”

Upon researching the rivalry between Crawford and Davis, I found some amazingly hilarious quotes. Among them, one that Davis said after Crawford’s death in 1977: “"You should never say bad things about the dead, you should only say good... Joan Crawford is dead, good!"

And this, also credited to Davis (re: Crawford) is just a damn good dis: "She has slept with every male star at MGM except Lassie."

Have another job interview today and then I have to start planning a little for dv’s going away party. I haven’t been this sad about a friend leaving since the fourth grade, when my then bff moved to the other side of town. In this case, my friend is moving to the other side of the country. Tears. Tears for me.

Link of the day is plainly scary, but relevant to this entry. What I like about it, is the music she’s singing to appears to be the music used in the film to signify the presence of teenagers:
THIS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home