Holy Smokes

Talking gorillas and missing coffee cups and shit . . .

Sunday, August 13, 2006


I’m bored. Thought I’d blog.

I spent the vast majority of the day searching (unsuccessfully) for my birth certificate. This search merely confirmed something I’d long suspected: I never WAS born. All those angsty teenage years spent in my bedroom, listening to “I Am a Rock” (more like, “I Am a Nerd”) over and over while smoking weed out of a crude, aluminum foil pipe (“pleased to make your acquaintance, Alzheimer’s”) wishing I’d never been born – well, guess what . . .?

Frustrated, I returned to ef’s and resumed work on two stories I’ve been screwing with for a while. The most progress made was in my decision to, in one of the stories, change the name of an ill-fated goldfish from “Z-Man” to “Ed McMahon.”

Last night, I attempted to watch The Fog of War but apparently, as ef pointed out, that’s a movie I need to watch midday with a cup of coffee and a legal pad for note taking rather than late at night with a beer and a slice of pizza. Um, what’s that, Robert McNamara? “Complicated, complicated Vietnam War complicated, complicated”? I don’t quite follow . . .

I will attempt it again sometime, when it is daytime and I am fully sober.

Still completely obsessed with The Knife and I think I am therefore going to have to do something I haven’t done in a long while: buy an album. I haven’t been this excited about a band since I was a teenager (I did listen to things other than Simon & Garfunkle).

That said, Link of the Day (great song, super creepy video): THIS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home